Your Magimix Food Processor is a handy tool for pureeing, chopping, slicing, shredding and even spiralizing foods. It’s like having an extra pair of helping hands in the kitchen to do all the tedious knife work for you. For many people, the only thing deterring them from using their food processor daily is the daunting task of cleaning it. However, it doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to efficiently and easily clean your new favorite kitchen appliance.
- One way to clean your food processor is to let it clean itself! Right after you’re done processing ingredients and once you’ve emptied out the bowl, simply take some dish soap, add about a cup of warm water (use your discretion based on the size of your machine), cover and run the processor to create a mini vortex of sudsy water that will wash out the nooks and crannies that your sponge can’t reach. For tough-to-clean ingredients, this is a good way to get an initial clean in and remove most of the mess right off the bat.
- Use a small brush with bristles to clean inside the blade and other small spaces. Most big-box stores and some grocery stores sell cleaning sets for water bottles that include a brush with a long handle and a sponge or bristle head with a tiny, thin wire brush for cleaning in straws. Many water bottle owners already have these tools at home and it’s just a matter of using them to your advantage! Tools such as brushes also help prevent you from cutting yourself with the blade.
- Here are a few additional tips for cleaning your appliance:
- Use white vinegar to help remove tough grime.
- To get rid of food odors, mix an equal ratio of baking soda and water together and let it sit in the food processor bowl for 10 to 15 minutes to let the baking soda soak up the stink before rinsing it out.
- Make sure the food processor is completely dry before storing to prevent bacteria growth and damage.
With these easy cleaning tricks, you can enjoy using your food processor without the headache of complicated cleaning methods!